Geneva prides itself on being a human-scaled city, which nontheless provides the infrastructures and services of a much larger city.
- A far-reaching transportation network
- A wide choice of hotels and conference centres
- A substantial real estate market
- A competitive telecommunications network
- A full range of export services
- A comprehensive business services network
“It is helpful to be in an international city that has the infrastructure to accommodate our employees in a smooth way.”
André Schneider, Managing Director & COO, World Economic Forum
The Geneva International Airport offers great connections: over 50 scheduled airlines serve Geneva with direct links to continental and intercontinental destinations. More than 200 trains a day pass through Geneva, including the high-speed TGV to Paris and the Pendolino to Milan. In addition, Geneva is at the crossroads of the major highway systems linking France and Italy, Germany and Spain.
Geneva holds a long tradition of hosting international conferences. It has the largest hotel and catering capacity in Switzerland. Geneva also has the infrastructure to accommodate large conferences and exhibitions. The Geneva Palexpo Exhibition and Congress Center, located just 500 m from the airport and directly accessible through the motor highway network, is composed of seven halls. Within walking distance, one finds a number of hotels and business centres, including the Geneva World Trade Center. The nearby Geneva Arena event and concert hall has a capacity of over 9,500. The International Conference Centre Geneva in the city center can accommodate 1,800 people and features ultra-modern equipment.
Link towards Geneva Tourism - Convention Bureau
Whether you are looking for turnkey workspace or unfurnished offices designed to taylor fit your company’s needs, you will have no difficulty finding the adequate venue from which to conduct your business.
Geneva has one of the most liberalized telecommunications markets in Europe, with over 20 major telecom companies competing to offer efficient, reliable and competitively priced services.
Trade has always been one of Geneva’s core activities. Your company can rely on a dynamic export services environment that provides experienced and high quality support ranging from export packing to freight forwarding, from banking to transport companies.
- Free port sites providing tax-free storage space covering the equivalent of 22 football pitches - right in the heart of Europe
- A sophisticated and dynamic banking system (inclued major international banks) specializing in asset management, international trading finance, commercial credits and corporate financing
- A network of specialized business law firms among which many subsidiaries of renowned US law firms
- Major international auditing and accounting firms providing all necessary financial support services
- Leading international head hunting and recruitment firms as well as major advertising agencies
- A network of subcontractors geared to meet the requirements of a particularly demanding industry