The authorities of the City of Geneva are eager to help foreign companies establish themselves in Geneva. The "single information desk" of the Directorate General for Economic Development, Research and Innovation provides answers to all your questions et offers practical assistance.
Support provided to companies relocating in Geneva consists of the following:
- Simplified admistrative procedures
- Speedy obtention of work permits for qualified staff members - only 5 days required for European Union (EU) citizens
- Obtention of work permits for spouses
- Assistance in seeking the most advantageous location for your business
- Co-financing of staff training
- Personalized answers to a wide scope of demands
An international welcome service
Geneva has set up a unique service to help newcomers establish themselves in the City. The International Geneva Welcome Center (CAGI) provides practical information about living in Geneva (housing, schools, clubs, etc.) and seeks to build bridges between the “international Geneva” community and the local community by organising events open to all.